Broquest Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary forum for developers, artists, contributors, or whoever is interested in the awesome idea that is Broquest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First 29 pages of my proposed Script

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nave the DM

First 29 pages of my proposed Script Empty
PostSubject: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 am

Back to top Go down
redacted

PostSubject: Re: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:19 pm

You should start sub-dividing the script; things like dialogue for a Weapons Shop should eventually be separate.
Back to top Go down
redacted

PostSubject: Re: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Also Nave, are you familiar with traditional script formatting? It might help de-clutter some of the branching dialogue choices.
Back to top Go down
Nave the DM

PostSubject: Re: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:04 pm

I'm not, to be honest; I'm just writing forward. It is in no way a final product in the making, and can be separated into cleaner sections once complete and other people start adding onto it. That's the plan, anyway.
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 3:51 pm

We'll clearly need a method to standardize the writing of branching dialog.

I'm familiar with script formatting but it's a pain to do that in google docs and it's not exactly made for branching dialog either.
Back to top Go down
Nave the DM

PostSubject: Re: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:33 pm

I agree. So far I've been doing this:

1: Your Dialog
NPC: Their Response
---1A: Your First Response
---NPC: Reply to 1A
---1B: Your Second Response
---NPC: Reply to 1B
---1C: Your Third Response
---NPC: Reply to 1C
------1C1: Your Response to their Response to 1C
------NPC: Their Response to 1C1
------1C2: Your Second Response to their Response to 1C
------NPC: Their Response to 1C2

That's how I did it, anyway. It can be changed to a different format.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 29 pages of my proposed Script   First 29 pages of my proposed Script Empty

Back to top Go down

First 29 pages of my proposed Script
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broquest Revival :: BroQuest Development Workshop :: Lore, Main story, Side Quests Writing-
Jump to: