Broquest Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary forum for developers, artists, contributors, or whoever is interested in the awesome idea that is Broquest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Let's discuss what went WRONG

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nave the DM

Let's discuss what went WRONG Empty
PostSubject: Let's discuss what went WRONG   Let's discuss what went WRONG EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:02 pm

So. We can say "IT'S HAPPENING" and "I want to believe" as much as possible, but unless we examine exactly what brought about the downfall of old BroQuest and learn from those mistakes, we won't get anywhere.

Ideas are all well and good and discussion about what we'd like out of the game is fine but I think the most important thing at the start of this development is realizing what went wrong and coming up with rules or guidelines to avoid it.

I'll start with some things I have seen people discuss which are probably true to certain degrees:

1: Too many idea makers, not enough worker.

2: Nobody could agree on what is final and what is not.

3: A lack of support from a core development team of programmers, writers and artists.

4: People kept leaving the project.

What else may have gone wrong, and what can be done to stop it?
Back to top Go down
Cisla

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss what went WRONG   Let's discuss what went WRONG EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 pm

Was there even a team working on it with organisation ? I just remember some threads with ideas guys posting.
Back to top Go down
Nave the DM

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss what went WRONG   Let's discuss what went WRONG EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 4:22 pm

I believe there was a set team, but I don't know their number or how far they truly got.
Back to top Go down
M_O

M_O

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss what went WRONG   Let's discuss what went WRONG EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Nave the DM wrote:
So. We can say "IT'S HAPPENING" and "I want to believe" as much as possible, but unless we examine exactly what brought about the downfall of old BroQuest and learn from those mistakes, we won't get anywhere.
400 idea guys
50 story writers
20 artists
1 programmer

The programmer left.
Back to top Go down
Cockey Dongs

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss what went WRONG   Let's discuss what went WRONG EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 2:31 pm

New guy here. I have no experience with previous incarnations of BroQuest, but I do remember that they didn't want to use the RPG Maker. Here we are this time, using it. Now, we'll need people who are familiar with the program, but it should be considerably easier than developing a complete JRPG engine on our own.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's discuss what went WRONG   Let's discuss what went WRONG Empty

Back to top Go down

Let's discuss what went WRONG
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broquest Revival :: Intro to BroQuest :: BroQuest general information-
Jump to: