Broquest Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary forum for developers, artists, contributors, or whoever is interested in the awesome idea that is Broquest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.

Go down 
+2
Nave the DM
Triptune
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. Empty
PostSubject: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 9:24 am

I'll post here the tracks I finish and those still in progress. If you feel they fit somewhere else (even into the trash) feel free to suggest that.

Title screen: http://picosong.com/e97U/
Power of Bros: http://picosong.com/e4BM/
Level up: http://picosong.com/eRUW/
ItemFound:
Battle scene, non-combat: http://picosong.com/eRae/
Battle1: (Triptune)
Battle2:
Defeat:
Victory fanfare: http://picosong.com/eY35/
Town1:
Town2:
Town3:
Mecha-ruins:
Mecha-town:
Castle:
Dungeon1:
Dungeon2:
Dungeon3:
Final Dungeon:
Miniboss1: http://picosong.com/e9vk/
Miniboss2:
Boss1:
Boss2:
Final Boss:
Dark:
Ship/Airship:
Sleep tune for the Inns: http://picosong.com/eRdG/
SnowMusic:
LavaArea:
Road1
Road2
World theme1:
World theme 2:
Tension1:
Heroic:

Hero Themes HERE.
Pet theme:
Cheerful Druid theme:
Lifelong Warrior Friend theme:
Hot Blooded Rival theme:
Veteran Relative theme:
Warrior Girl theme:
D-A Thief theme:
Iron General theme:
Por'c druid theme:
Female Paladin theme:
Nameless Rank soldier theme:
Cleric Kid theme:
Vengeful Viking theme:
NotsoSpoony Bard theme: http://picosong.com/ecFa/
WarriorPrincess theme:
Sophisticated Psion theme:
Ninja Guardian theme:
Brawny Gentleman theme:
Rich Arrogant Prince theme:
Perverted Archmage theme:
Veteran Ranger theme:
Vixen theme:
Orc Troublemaker theme:
Misunderstood necro theme: http://picosong.com/ePVk/
Crazed Alchemist theme:
Evil Black Knight theme:
Dwrven Mech theme:
Elven AKA "totally not edgy" time-mage theme:
Suave devil theme:
Catgirl theme:
Amazon theme:
Cursed Undead theme:
Wise old wizard theme:
Inexperienced young hero theme:
Grizzled detective theme:
Drunken Dwarven Monk theme:
Dragon Knight theme:
Masked Magician theme:
Kabuto Samurai theme:
Gunslinging Loner theme: http://picosong.com/eCQs/
Steam Knight theme:
Pompous Knight theme:
Spirit Shaman theme:

CONTINUED:

VillainThemes:
King Pauldron theme:
Mukade Nobunaga (Bug King) theme:
King Avernus theme:
Dark Empress theme:
Fallen Hero theme:
The Butcher theme:
Baron Theme:
Old King theme:
Evilspell theme:
Undead King theme:
EvilMech theme:
Gunslinger gang theme:
Krom theme:

Other:
Boseworth theme:
Cultist Theme:
Miao theme:
KnightsofMidland: http://picosong.com/eRiB/ (Not done)
Captain Arthur theme:

That's all. I'll keep updating. Whoever wants to take one of the soundtrack just step forward. Or, since we can't actually see you, just write the track name and yours along with an "I'll take it"
Hope this will get things organized and done. Sorry for the long post

Last edited by Triptune on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 pm; edited 13 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nave the DM

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:04 pm

I wish I could make music.

Could we commission music? Or find other musicians to join the team, or ask for their permission to use their songs? There's a lot of people who make overworld or fight-type music.
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:13 pm

The old broquest composer still lurks around /v/
If we show some considerable progress he may join us.
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 12:52 am

It's okay to make a new topic when you make a new composition. That would make it so we can weigh in on it specifically.
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 1:13 am

Level Up: Works for me! But it cuts off before it fully fades to silent.

Battle scene, non-combat: A strong composition, definitely usable. There is a part in the middle where the stuff happening in the background is a little too assertive. Will need a looping version--a file with the intro and a second file that picks up from the intro and loops.

miniboss1: The beginning is a little confused, but once it gets started it is great. Will need a looping version.

Sleep tune: Perfect, spot on.

Not-So-Spoony Bard: Damn son! Genre: badass is right. I feel like writing this guy in earlier just for this. I listened to it twice. It's a long one, but will need looping version just in case.

Lone Gunslinger Hero: This is great. Will need looping.

Misunderstood Necro: Link seems to be broken.

Knights of Midland: This is basically sound, but I would bring the harpsicord forward and drop the other stuff back a bit? If that would work. Definitely the harpsicord is too timid.

God damn, listening to these is making me Believe(tm) harder than ever.

I'll try to get better at music critique, I know I don't have the vocab for it atm.
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:04 am

Will work on Battle scene and Knights of Midland for now.

Musunderstood Necro/Wizard is working now.

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 5:26 am

Thanks for fixing the link.

Misunderstood Necro is a rapid piece for something you would attach to a necromancer. But then again, he is misunderstood. It still feels too a little too speedy, as if it's being rushed through.

Definitely a good theme for an intellectual, though.
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 10:17 am

Added the title screen theme. More to come soon.
Back to top Go down
Clown

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:28 pm

Could I request something sinister?

Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSHAbLLkzJQ

Something you would hear in a dungeon made out of dark crystals, with black magic all around. You are alone and all that keeps you company in the dark are these shiny, glowing purple gems.
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Sure. Feel free to post your work here and I'll put it up there on the first post.
My style and yours may be different, but that may be ok if we keep it neat.
Remember Final Fantasy or Golden Sun, it has many different genres, even some spooky songs and still everything fits nicely.
Back to top Go down
M_O

M_O

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySat Mar 15, 2014 8:56 pm

I'm currently under the pressure of exams, so I'll be dealing with music only about a week from now, but I wanted to ask a few questions here:

What software do you use for the tunes? What presets/sound banks?
What "style" do you want the soundtrack to be in? Of course you probably expect it to be varied, but where does the variation stop? Do you want all of it to be somewhere in the orchestral field, or are other genre tunes (e.g. rock, metal, funk, dance, folk...) fair game too?
What about live instrumentation?
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:44 am

What software do you use for the tunes? What presets/sound banks?
FL studio (software) with the plugins Edirol Orchestral, DVS guitar and Slayer. I may add some extras but these are the main instruments.
What "style" do you want the soundtrack to be in? Of course you probably expect it to be varied, but where does the variation stop?
Think about the Final Fantasy series. There's variation as long as it fits the world where things are added. For example: even though my main instrument is the orchestra thingy, your Dick-Ass thief would fit perfectly in this game. If it didn't, I could try to redo your work using FL studio so the instruments you use and mines have a similar quality.
I can't say much more about this if it fits and it pleases, it's ok, I guess.

What about live instrumentation?
Never thought about it since I won't be able to use it myself. I think it may be too complicated.

Also even though I compose music I probably don't know about it more than you so feel free to add your own opinions on these matters. Hope it was helpful.
Back to top Go down
Nave the DM

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:54 am

Hey trip, I haven't had a chance to listen to all of your tunes in a row---I'm going to do that tonight and offer thoughts and criticism.
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:06 am

The Title Screen music is a bit bombastic for a title screen, but I could see it being used elsewhere. At some points in the piece (notably 0:21 to 0:37) the two horns seem to be working against each other.

It has a decent base, though, as a theme.
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 9:04 am

I made a different version while keeping the original just in case. It should sound more title-ish when I'm done.

EDIT: Posted both versions now. Choose whichever fits better.
I'll try to make a different one, though.
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Thanks, that one is better paced for a title screen, definitely. The only thing issue I take with it is a moment at 0:20 and again later where sounds a little too much like the Final Fantasy prelude.
Back to top Go down
Triptune
Admin
Triptune

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 2:26 pm

Get it. You meant the Oboes sounding off. (I double checked the horns and turned them into a piano to make them lower and nicer) I'll try to get them right this time.
About it sounding like the final fantasy prelude... that was intentional (you can also hear a part which sounds like the Opening theme from FF1) Will change that if it's not acceptable then.
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 3:10 pm

We'd want to foster our own identity with the title screen music, since it's the first thing a player will see and hear. I love references, but we'll have to earn them by making them clever and part of a joke.

There will definitely be a space to make light of Final Fantasy. The original title screen music will probably be good after a bit of iteration.
Back to top Go down
nisbahmumtaz

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. EmptySun Apr 06, 2014 9:31 am

H-hey guys
Just some random faggot here

This is my dumb dungeon song
(To be quite honest, I'd love someone to suggest more instruments or tracks to add to this, my ideas just stopped, and I really want to improve this)
http://picosong.com/et9q

Airship song, which could use a SHITLOAD of improvements
http://picosong.com/etfa

I couldn't uplaod any more stuff to my soundcloud, because gnash doesn't work, and HTML5 is a bitch to work with. The rest of my things are WIP anyway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.   Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here. Empty

Back to top Go down

Songs needed. Feel free to post your work here.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Broquest Revival :: BroQuest Development Workshop :: Brothemes Orchestra-
Jump to: