Broquest Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary forum for developers, artists, contributors, or whoever is interested in the awesome idea that is Broquest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mechanics Overview: Hubs

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raziel
Admin

Mechanics Overview: Hubs Empty
PostSubject: Mechanics Overview: Hubs   Mechanics Overview: Hubs EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:29 am

So you've recruited this army of companions, but you can only take 3 with you. How do you switch party members? Where do you hang with your bros?

You arrive with three of your chosen party members in a new city. You want to settle down for a bit before continue with your quest. Maybe prepare for the next adventure, switch party members around.

This is where housing comes in. It’s a player owned house where he can chill with his companions, talk to them, or just rest. Upon exiting the player can choose 3 companions to be in his party.

How does a player get his own house? There is a house for sale in every major city. From a mansion to a small hut.

“It was all fine and good until you mentioned there will be money involved.”

There will other ways of obtaining a house. Maybe the player completes a quest or just stumbles upon an abandoned building.

Then again this is just a proposal. I think it’s the best way to do hubs, considering how spread out the world is.
Back to top Go down
Cockey Dongs

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics Overview: Hubs   Mechanics Overview: Hubs EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 11:37 am

Since the idea is to purchase these hubs like homes, why not make two or three hubs available in a given place, with more expensive ones offering better features? Like skill trainers or shopkeeps or discount healing.
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics Overview: Hubs   Mechanics Overview: Hubs EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:08 pm

Cockey Dongs wrote:
Since the idea is to purchase these hubs like homes, why not make two or three hubs available in a given place, with more expensive ones offering better features? Like skill trainers or shopkeeps or discount healing.

I like the idea. I was originally thinking the player should just hire merchants and trainers respectively. I was mostly focusing on party selection, but there is a place for a lot features with housing.
Back to top Go down
Clown

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics Overview: Hubs   Mechanics Overview: Hubs EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 12:48 pm

People mentioned the idea of making a central hub like a ship.

And then we mentioned making the story linear up to a certain point where all the villains become available and the game becomes open-ended.

Well, how about keeping a small party during this small "prologue" with access to all of them on the fly, or a simple encampment, and then, when you get aship, recruitment becomes more open and the ship serves a a hub for your increasingly large party?
Back to top Go down
Raziel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics Overview: Hubs   Mechanics Overview: Hubs EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Clown wrote:
People mentioned the idea of making a central hub like a ship.

And then we mentioned making the story linear up to a certain point where all the villains become available and the game becomes open-ended.

Well, how about keeping a small party during this small "prologue" with access to all of them on the fly, or a simple encampment, and then, when you get aship, recruitment becomes more open and the ship serves a a hub for your increasingly large party?

I don't like the airship idea. I don't think there should be a central hub.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanics Overview: Hubs   Mechanics Overview: Hubs Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1