Broquest Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Temporary forum for developers, artists, contributors, or whoever is interested in the awesome idea that is Broquest.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Brainstorming various gags

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aceofspudz

Brainstorming various gags Empty
PostSubject: Brainstorming various gags   Brainstorming various gags EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 am

greentext exposition NPC

party management goof where all of your recruited characters are stacked up into a single battle and each of them gets a turn (programming intensive...)

a spell named fist obviously, which is the sole magic spell of a melee class

multiple catgirls bit with all extant artwork of her, including shwig's

pile up every death flag on veteran relative, even to the point of self-contradiction, then make his fate intensely ambiguous. ambiguity is the only way to subvert expectations; the extremely canny would be expecting him to die anyway, the canny would expect him to live, and simpletons would expect him to die. No one would expect ambiguity.

party member you can recruit but who is useless (peaceful golem)

Rival is leading his own party. Encounter him pretty much everywhere. He beats at least one boss before you arrive. (Vengeful Viking in their party?)

psion: "i knew you were going to say that". dumb. But still funny.

fake loading screens with stick ass thief
>implying there wouldn't be loading screens
>implying you can't disable loading screens in the options

a graveyard full of the headstones of past BroQuest developers and people who leave the team without giving notice (who we will assume to have died)
Back to top Go down
aceofspudz

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming various gags   Brainstorming various gags EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 5:45 am

If you're on the writing team I recommend carrying around a notebook or be prepared to take notes on your phone. Something will strike you and you will forget about it the moment you turn your attention away. Heck, I had that graveyard thought in the car and almost forgot about it by the time I got home and cut and pasted the others. The frustrating part was that I knew I had an idea, but couldn't remember what it was.

Comedy is the most difficult writing task because of the density of the ideas involved, but look at it this way: if we make the BroQuest writing sharp and funny, it will be in rare company among video games. If we start taking our ideas as they come now, the script will be vastly funnier when we sit down to write it. So if you think of something funny, post it up, whether it's just a clever item description or a massive, epic arc for the sake of a brick joke.
Back to top Go down
The Animaniac Dude

The Animaniac Dude

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming various gags   Brainstorming various gags EmptyFri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 am

I like that you pulled almost everything from that brainstorming session into here, but shouldn't we maybe keep this hidden from the light of day, you know, so we don't spoil the jokes for non-team? does this forum have one of those secret threads where we can do all this shit behind the curtain?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brainstorming various gags   Brainstorming various gags Empty

Back to top Go down

Brainstorming various gags
Page 1 of 1