Temporary forum for developers, artists, contributors, or whoever is interested in the awesome idea that is Broquest.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

New Prologue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aceofspudz

PostSubject: New Prologue   Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 pm

The prologue is the first thing we are taking care of as writers. The ones Nave and I wrote are jumping off points. For the purposes of the game the Prologue comprises all the events that take place before the player is fully released into the wide world.

I'm proposing a prologue where the Evil Tyrant has been elected mayor of the Brotag's hometown. The Brotag must restore people's faith in the democratic process by winning the election and a variety of physical confrontations with the Evil Tyrant's goons, and raising his popularity with the residents of his town by performing menial tasks for them.

Suave Devil is in the mix as the head of the Devil Mafia and Brotag winds up winning the election with their help, literally defeating the Evil Tyrant at the ballot box. However at the end the Evil Tyrant calls down a horde of whatever monsters on the city from some other plane and the whole place is wrecked.

The townspeople kick Brotag and his band out because it happened on their watch, at which point the prologue ends. Brotag's party failing or making a bad situation worse will become a common theme in the game, but they (and we, the dev team) soldier on in spite of the fact that absolutely no one believes in them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nave the DM

PostSubject: Re: New Prologue   Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:10 am

It's an interesting start, though I wonder if we could make the Evil King remain as he more originally was for later portions as an antagonist, and make the mayor his own character, one that doesn't go beyond the reaches of the prologue. The potential storylines with an Evil King ruling the kingdom could go quite far, whereas the mayor himself is rather one-note and only exists for the prologue (unless you were going to have the King going from becoming mayor to becoming king, which would seem a little odd to me)

As for the involvement with the Suave-But-Dubious Devil, I like that. If we could find a way to incorporate more of the core-seven starting characters, that would be good to, but as an initial concept I like the idea of running for mayor and getting booted out of town. It would make for a funny opening, and the symbolism you mentioned of them (and us) constantly getting shit on but overcoming great odds I like a lot as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Animaniac Dude

PostSubject: Re: New Prologue   Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:38 am

We could create a new character for the mayor that fills his own stereotypes. You know, that old backwoods mayor, that 'southern gentleman' who's always wearing a suit of white and runs the town with an iron fist. that could work for the beginning boss.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Prologue   

Back to top Go down

New Prologue
Page 1 of 1